Sunday, June 15, 2008

Mumbai Week 1


































Arrived in Mumbai and met taxi driver who was arranging for me to go to Surat by train. The booking was for Rajdhani express direct from Mumbai central to Surat 3 hours non stop, Unfortunately I missed the train and ended up going to Surat on a 2nd class non A/C sleeper coach and it took twice as long to get to the destination. Thats my taxi driver getting a bit to clever for his own good.
Trip was exhausting, but the people of the coach were nice. The most eventful moment was during the trip i needed to go to the loo but i did not want the driver to stop cause that would only delay the trip, so i ended up weeing in a water bottle and pouring it out of the window. The only problem was that i was on the upper tier and the person on the lower tier had his window open and so of my wee ended up in his face, since he opened my curtain 3 mins later to ak if there was a leak to which i replied no quite innocently.

Anyway I arrived in surat safely where i was met by a friend Girish at 12.30 pm were he took me to a hotel for the night. Hotel was fine, nice and clean except no toilet paper.

Next day we met up and Girish took me to his health & fitness club, check these shots above, not bad hey, well you wait until you see me when i get back to the UK.